Cairns Explorer(Multi Share,Start Cairns, End Cairns)
What you get...
Chef Guided Bush Food Tutorial & Dinner at Ochre RestaurantDay Trip to the Daintree RainforestExperience the Daintree Rainforest with an experienced Aboriginal guide for an interpretive rainforest walk through this ancient environmentLearn ancient Dreamtime stories, local history and see how these are shared through art with an Aboriginal artistCreate your own unique piece of art at the Janbal GalleryTake in all the Great Barrier Reef has to offer on a Full Day Trip and see why the Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven wonders of the natural worldSnorkel some of the best coral reefs in Australia
Throughout your adventure you'll be with an expert Aussie Trip Manager who knows these parts better than anyone.
- They'll be your friend as well as your guide, imparting their killer local trivia and tips as you explore Queensland.
Welcome to the city where rainforests meet reefs.
We'll enjoy an included interactive Bush Food tutorial and dinner at Ochre restaurant. An experienced chef will guide us through a history of Bush Food as you sample a variety of native spices and fruits, explaining their tastes, origins, and traditional uses before we enjoy our dinner, which features native game. It's in an incredible cultural feast, and the perfect way to start our adventure in Cairns.
Rise and shine, today is day packed with history, heritage and natural beauty, as we take a day trip to the oldest tropical rainforest in the world: Daintree.
With its ancient ferns and vibrant canopies, this place will take our breath away. There's a reason David Attenborough called it 'the most extraordinary place on earth.' As well as admiring the lush rainforest, we'll also meet the local Kuku Yalanji people and learn about their rich Aboriginal culture and history. We'll get the chance to view a smoking ceremony and take an art class with an Aboriginal artist. We'll also learn about ancient Dreamtime stories, local history and how these are shared through art. Then, we'll get to create our own unique souvenir to take home in the form of a canvas that tells our own stories. What a day; and we're not done yet.
We'll board a catamaran out to the reef with options to snorkel or dive in the crystal waters and gaze at the colourful coral and even more vibrant marine life.
Back on board, the expert marine crew will tell us all there is to know about this stunning, but vulnerable, natural miracle.
Our adventure ends this afternoon, but not before we have a chance to escape our comfort zones and try some of the adventurous activities that Cairns is famous for.
Anyone for bungy jumping?
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 05 August 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.