Top End Highlights
What you get...
Litchfield National Park – Florence Falls, Wangi Falls, Tolmer Falls, Termite MoundsKatherine Gorge CruiseYellow Waters Billabong Cruise in KakaduDarwin City Tour – Darwin Museum, East PointTop Didj Indigenous ExperienceEdith FallsUbirr Rock Art SiteNourlangie Rock Art Site
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
On arrival in tropical Darwin, enjoy a tour of the cosmopolitan city before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers at the colourful Mindil Beach Sunset Market to experience a spectacular sunset under the coconut palms.
There’s plenty of time to explore the art and crafts, aromas and atmosphere of the marketplace. You may like to try some fresh BBQ seafood or authentic Indian, Chinese, Greek or Japanese cuisine.
Travel to Litchfield National Park, pausing to examine the amazing phenomenon of hundreds of magnetic termite mounds standing up to two metres high in a wide swathe of otherwise empty terrain.
Stop at Florence Falls, a spectacular double-plunge waterfall leading to a popular swimming hole, before venturing on to tropical Wangi Falls for a swim in its large waterhole surrounded by spectacular monsoon rainforest. Continue to Katherine, a thriving town that was originally established as an outpost on the Australian Overland Telegraph Line
This morning, meet Manuel Pamkal to share his passion for the rich traditional culture into which he was born.
There is the opportunity to purchase some local Indigenous art. Later, sit back and relax in tranquil surroundings as you cruise on Katherine Gorge. A series of thirteen deep gorges carved through ancient rock, there are many Aboriginal paintings on the sandstone walls throughout the system, some of which are thousands of years old. Discover the history and culture of the Jawoyn people, the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, as you explore the magnificent gorges with a backdrop of stunning rock-faces that change colour with the setting of the sun. Keep an eye out for freshwater crocodiles nesting along the banks. This evening, consider the optional experience of the Stockman’s Bush Dinner under the stars.
This morning you have the opportunity to swim in the waterholes of magnificent Edith Falls.
Then pass through the mining town of Pine Creek, where buildings date back to the heady gold-rush days. Travel deep into World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park and discover spectacular escarpment, serene waterholes and teeming wildlife. Board the famed Yellow Water Billabong Cruise, spotting basking crocodiles and abundant birdlife with a local guide. Later, take a guided walk to view ancient Aboriginal rock paintings at Nourlangie, regarded as one of the premier rock art sites in the Top End.
This morning, perhaps take an optional experience scenic flight over Kakadu.
Later, visit Ubirr, another of Kakadu’s foremost rock art galleries. The paintings here provide a fascinating record of Indigenous life over thousands of years: look for naturalistic paintings of animals, traditional x-ray art, and paintings of early contact with European people. Before leaving the site, climb to the top of a nearby rocky outcrop for superb views over the floodplains and escarpment country. Celebrate your Top End journey this evening at a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and new-found friends.
Leave Kakadu this morning to return to Darwin.
Keep an eye on the murky river crossings to see if you can spot saltwater crocodiles. Your final stop is Fogg Dam, a birdwatcher’s paradise. Bid farewell to your fellow travellers as your holiday comes to an end and you are transferred to Darwin Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.