Tassie's East Coast Highlights
What you get...
Bridestowe Lavender EstateLegerwood Carved Memorial TreesExplore the historic town of RichmondCape TourvilleRichmondPort Arthur Guided Tour
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
Your holiday begins in Launceston on the Tamar River.
Tasmania’s ‘northern capital’ is a historic city with many well-preserved Georgian and Victorian buildings. Get to know your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a Welcome Reception.
Bridestowe Lavender Estate is your first stop today.
It has been growing lavender since 1922 when a London perfumer planted lavender seeds from the French Alps on his family estate which he named after his wife’s birthplace in England. Try some of Bridestowe’s lavender products and treat yourself to their famous lavender ice-cream. Later, stop at the Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees, planted in honour of fallen WWI soldiers. After a lunchtime stop at St. Helens, follow the picturesque east coast south to Bicheno. This consider an optional experience to see Bicheno’s wild penguin colony as they emerge from the ocean for the night (seasonal).
Today, experience the grandeur of Freycinet National Park, taking a guided walk to Cape Tourville lookout that will unveil astonishing views across brilliant blue water, verdant forest and golden beaches.
On your way to Hobart, you’ll travel through Swansea and Orford and make a lunch stop in historic Richmond. The village is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture, with beautiful heritage buildings dating to the 1820s now housing galleries, tea shops, craft boutiques and museums.
Explore Port Arthur Historic Site, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a fascinating walk with a local expert of the remains of Port Arthur’s infamous convict prison.
There will be time for you to wander the site at your leisure. On the drive back to Hobart, see the amazing natural rock formations of the craggy Tasman Arch, the Devil’s Kitchen, the Blowhole and the Totem Pole. This evening, mingle with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner at one of Hobart’s popular restaurants.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 05 August 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.